Nails and reading may be my passions, but my family is my whole reason for living, so I'm sure you will hear a lot about all of them throughout the course of this blog. I am the mommy of 3 wonderful little guys (Jesse, Michael, and Benjamin), whom I am lucky enough to get to stay home with every day. I am engaged to the wonderful love of my life, Rob. (Our family is finally complete now that we've "found Daddy," as our boys always say.) My babysitter kids are always hanging around the house, too, and are also a big part of our family.

Friday, July 27, 2012

First Post Ever!

Hello everyone and welcome to my brand-new blog page!! I'm new to this and have no clue what I'm doing yet, so please keep that in mind. At this point, I've been doing nail art for a couple of months (mainly stamping, but I'm practicing dotting and some other techniques, too). I have learned a ton from all of the other amazing nail art bloggers, but I still have a long way to go until I'm great like they are.

The ladies from Adventures in Stamping have been such inspirations to my creative side that my most recent mani is my own version of the amazing sunset nails I've been drooling over this summer. And now that I've go the hang of sponge gradients, I could finally try it!

Here is the base I used. It was a yellow/orange/dark orange gradient. I'm kind of ashamed to admit that it turned out looking like candy corn. 


Luckily... once I got the stamping done, it looked more like a beautiful tropical sunset than a Halloween treat.

IN OTHER NEWS...
I got Jesse and Michael registered for 3rd grade and Kindergarten this morning. They're getting so big! Here is my Michel-Michel outside of his new classroom, standing beside the little face with his name on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment