Nails and reading may be my passions, but my family is my whole reason for living, so I'm sure you will hear a lot about all of them throughout the course of this blog. I am the mommy of 3 wonderful little guys (Jesse, Michael, and Benjamin), whom I am lucky enough to get to stay home with every day. I am engaged to the wonderful love of my life, Rob. (Our family is finally complete now that we've "found Daddy," as our boys always say.) My babysitter kids are always hanging around the house, too, and are also a big part of our family.

Friday, August 30, 2013

This Week's Manis - Some Pink Blink and Some Fairy Dust

Hey Sweeties! So apparently I'm a semi-sucky blogger bc I haven't even managed to post my last two manis. On top of that, I felt so guilty for not blogging about my creations that I couldn't let myself post them in any of my Facebook groups yet. Any of you end up feeling guilty about not blogging often enough?

The good news for the week is that I overcame my dread of dealing with the post office and finally mailed out the nail mail I had sitting here staring at me.  ;)

This week, I did two manis. The first got a base of Wet n Wild MegaLast "Pinky Sweet" (which is a dupe of my Sinful Colors "Glass Pink," but I like the MegaLast brush better). Then I used the Konad m19 plate to do tips using Sally Hansen InstaDri "Pink Blink" and a flowery swirly pattern using Konad m85 over the whole nail, also stamped with the "Pink Blink." 

Mani using Sally Hansen Pink Blink and Konad m19 and Konad m85 over Wet n Wild MegaLast Pinky Sweet


Since my nails are a little long and wide, I used m85 sideways and double stamped the image. The next day I was looking through my new plates and could have kicked myself when I realized that some of Konad's new images are the same as older images, only made larger. This was the case with m97, which has the same flowery/swirly image I used from m85. I could have saved myself a little trouble if I had only paid more attention to my new plates.

***

The above mani kind of reminds me of another one I did 11 months ago using Ch44 from the Cheeky Summer set. It wasn't a mani I hated, but once again, ick at the acrylics I had back then. LOL 
September 20, 2012
***
The second mani I did this week started out with a base of black (WnW ML "Lights Out" just because I like that brush best) and a coat of China Glaze "Fairy Dust" holographic glitter over top. Then I used an image from the Cheeky Jumbo 3 "European Romance" plate and stamped it in Sally Hansen InstaDri "Rose Run." 

Mani using Sally Hansen Rose Run with China Glaze Fairy Dust and a Cheeky Jumbo European Romance Plate



Oh, one of these days I will figure out how to take the perfect picture of holographic polish and then you will all see some amazing mani pictures! The day after I took this polish off, I read that you should put your hand underwater to take pictures of holographic polish. Have any of you tried that? How did it work? 

Check back Sunday to see my Adventures in Stamping challenge mani. Have a great weekend Sweeties!

No comments:

Post a Comment